Thursday, November 17, 2022

The simplest detail can delight and invigorate.

So I'm at one of my happy places -- Bancroft Succulent Garden in Walnut Creek, CA.  The light is particularly beautiful on a beautiful Fall afternoon.  One of the docents points out this succulent.  Modest.  "'This is the first succulent Ruth Bancroft planted in her garden 50 years ago.   She was frugal." Of course, the succulent above is not one of Ruth's originals, but it is the exact type the Great Genius Ruth planted.  I was jazzed all day.  
 

1 comment:

  1. The creaky wheels of the pop up taco stand
    shimmer in the mission sun
    and nowhere but the burner behind the window
    does it reason out its cactus scents

    i hold on to last night's sweaty dream
    in which I flew but told no one I could

    ReplyDelete