Monday, February 13, 2017

Volunteer


Among the planned, the landscaped, comes the lone volunteer.  I'm gaga for iris, in particular, the bearded ones.  Probably the first flower that captured my delight in the otherworldly.  Speaking of imagination, the iris below contemplates its stem in water.

I'm thinking of lunch and what bulb-like food, which tuber might tempt me.

This morning during a quietly spectacular sunrise, I sketched (with words) a rather darkish valentine. For some reason I want to tell you that.

1 comment:

  1. Jazz for the Occasion

    Many divulgences since the last step up the hill. A sitting in the shell, too many apples to swab the decks again. She walks the port streets, the wide dirty beat of the sailors and shippers. Vaguely remembering the last idea docking in the conference room, she has a surrounded feeling, buoyed by diverse lights, an underwater glow. It is the grin of the very prankish, when besieged by afternoon sun. The bass line is perfect.

    ReplyDelete