Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What three words bind wax beans and personal/narrative poetry?

My least favorite.  I love vegetables & they love me so why this avoidance of wax beans.  Is it their thin pale, bleached color?  And why am I  giving a wide berth to  personal narrative poetry?   Perhaps, because it is wide & its center rarely savory.  Never spontaneous.

And if I bought some wax beans & tried to reclaim them as a crispy cold salad with stridently-hued tomatoes and/or peppers & a slice or two of avocado.  Perhaps, black olives?

The kitchen is my dictionary of color.  

1 comment:

  1. He returned with some anxiety to the letter in his vest pocket:
    " I am painting on your signpost with the chalk of the ancients
    a pivotal point in the coma of the universe-- 3C273, A 1514,
    local children know the way."

    ReplyDelete