Monday, March 19, 2012

Euphony. Can a truly pleasant sounding poem be of import?

In these times, is a throughly pleasant sounding poem all fluff, lace, and an overstuffed chair?
Or is it a mirror to the poet's sound-scape & the audience's ear and, therefore, fair game.
How pleasant is grit?


Although very conversant with grains, I must admit I am no fan of grits. And I don't believe
deserts (breakfast ones included) are any more pleasant that farro soup with onions, garlic, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, fresh basil, pepper, grated hard cheese, and a lacing of olive oil. I admit, that was this morning's breakfast. Leftovers -- a true and pleasant tasting word.

1 comment:

  1. desserts on the camel walk
    and all because of water
    she boils the water for tea
    but leaves the butter softer
    and waffles when they want to
    and syrup when they sapped it
    I'll have no hardy beginnings
    in the morning of my dreamings

    ReplyDelete